Utilizing the power of chocolate at the most opportune moments in life.
Taken at key times it can unlock a power within us
To take on and seize almost any moment
Of any day.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Arts & Crafts
I love to find ways to use my creative side and it is a bonus to expose my children to arts and crafts. Three to four times a week Elizabeth and I had "Arts and Crafts Time." We both looked forward to these mostly fun times together (I must admit that my slight perfectionism occasionally got in the way). We usually had music and dancing one day a week. We play music every day, but this was an intense hour of music and dancing. We also had a day where we worked with play dough. Occasionally we would bake a yummy treat. Here are some other things we did this summer: *Check out the "HOT TIP" at the end of this post!

FUN WITH BUTTONS!!

Supplies: Glue (optional), buttons, paper. We did not actually glue ours so we were able to continue playing with the buttons over and over.


Elizabeth creating a masterpiece.


She never quite finishes hers but my final composition is on the right.

SAND ART

Supplies: Sand, glue, paper.
What To Do: Trace hands, cut them out, trace again on another piece of paper. (We had to do it as a two step process because Elizabeth does not sit very still yet and I wanted the pencil markings to be straight - again my perfectionism). Outline the tracing with clue and then spread glue all over the inside of the tracing. Sprinkle sand on paper.


Elizabeth's hands in sand!

PASTA ART

Supplies: Pasta, glue, paper.



GLITTER

Supplies: Glitter, glue, paper

PAINTING (finger, water colors, paint)



HOT TIP:
We do a lot of painting and these make great wrapping paper, cards, & gift tags. The grandparents especially love it!!

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

As recipient of your fine homemade wrapping paper, I must add my approval! It is very fun to receive any home crafted paper. -Elizabeth

The Kay Family said...

What awesome ideas!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

Kristi said...

These are great ideas! Where did you get your fun collection of buttons?

Alicia said...

Hi There! I saw you left a message on my blog about Faith one day and just came across your comment again. Thankyou for your thoughts! I love these ideas, I have a 4 yr old and i'm always looking for fun ideas. Thanks for posting them. We can learn so much from each other as moms. Have a great day.