Utilizing the power of chocolate at the most opportune moments in life.
Taken at key times it can unlock a power within us
To take on and seize almost any moment
Of any day.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

TenThings I Would Like To Do

Just Hand Over the Chocolate and No One Will Get Hurt (Paperback... by Karen Scalf Linamen Just Hand Over the Chocolate and No One Will Get Hurt
I was reading from this book early this morning (2:30 a.m) while caring for my sick baby and I felt inspired by the author's challenge to list ten things I've always wanted to do in life. Ten dreams, goals or aspirations (realistic or not) that I would like to do someday. The author suggested that having dreams or aspirations can lift our spirits, expand our boundaries, broaden our thinking, and exercise our imaginations. Just thinking about my list got me feeling more motivated and uplifted. So I decided to write them down.

My List (in no particular order):

* Plant a butterfly garden with a water feature.

* Take a photography class or lessons.

*
Take a cooking class.

*
Publish an article, essay, recipe, poem, or book.

*
Learn to sew.

*
Attend a taping or live television show that I regularly watch.

*
Vacation at a tropical paradise.

*
Go on a mission.

*
Learn another language fluently (perhaps sign language).

*
Learn how to play the piano.

*
Conquer my fear of math.

As I was typing my list I started to get a little anxious about needing to accomplish these goals. I am very much a perfectionist and pretty much if I say I am going to do something I make the commitment. Well not this time. These are my no stress desires. Things to look forward to rather than more things that have to get done. They are not set in stone and I can change them whenever I want. I look forward to taking some small actions towards making some of these aspirations come true.

2 comments:

Lucky Me said...

I love your goals! I have to say that most of them are the same as mine. We have a lot in common :0)

The Mrs. said...

Wow! Awesome! I am so proud of the way you accept yourself having these dreams, without needing to commit yourself to some kind of goal/date on achieving them! Great job.

Love,
Elizabeth