Utilizing the power of chocolate at the most opportune moments in life.
Taken at key times it can unlock a power within us
To take on and seize almost any moment
Of any day.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Birthdays and Holiday Preparations Galore!
I have been very busy preparing for Christmas while at the same time hosting parties for my daughter and my husband who both have December birthdays. It has been a lot of fun, but I am just about ready for Christmas to come so I can take a break from all the planning and preparing and just enjoy the good fruits.

Our Tree:
A real tree is the way to go for us! The smell is amazing.


Christmas Decor:

This ceramic tree was handed down from my mother. My mother loved Christmas and always went all out on decorations. I inherited quite a few of her decorations and this is one of my favorites.

Nativity:
These nativity scenes were both my mother's.

I especially cherish the ceramic Avon collectibles. The set is actually bigger, but I did not want to pack all the pieces into a small space and take away from it's beauty.


More Holiday Clings:
I love these things!


Graham Cracker Creations:

Each year we try to come up with something bigger and better. This year, with my husband's building expertise and my creativity we made an edible Christmas tree.


Hand-Made Wrapping Paper:
With Elizabeth's little hands and some finger paints we made these wrapping creations



Elizabeth's Birthday Party:
I really enjoy hosting parties, so this was a lot of fun for me. Although, I sort of wish we could have her party in say February or March when there isn't so much else going on!

Birthday Party Prep:
This takes longer to put together than it looks.



Enjoying the yummy (yet boxed) cupcakes mommy made. Unfortunately, it is hard to recreate the yummy texture and taste you get from a boxed cake mix.

*We have also taken our own family pics, I have wrapped almost all the Christmas presents and I have sent out my Christmas cards! Still more to do of course, but oh how sweet the fruits of my labors when it is all over.

All that being said, I am grateful for the true reason for the season and that is to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ and all the amazing sacrifices He made for us and the wonderful blessings we can obtain if we follow Him.
He gave us a true example of giving with love.



May we all feel the Spirit of this holiday season, share our love with those near and far, and remember the Savior who gave all.


No comments: