Utilizing the power of chocolate at the most opportune moments in life.
Taken at key times it can unlock a power within us
To take on and seize almost any moment
Of any day.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Uplifted & Inspired

General Conference never fails to uplift and inspire me. I feel strengthened and renewed. Although it is not easy to focus my full attention with small children, it is amazing how much I get out of it! I am quite sure I was not able to listen to one entire talk without being distracted. However, I received so much direction and support I am not sure I could have taken in any more this weekend anyway.

One message I am most excited to apply to my life from this conference is to express, demonstrate, and seek after ways to feel more contentment in my life. Simply put, to live more happily. I can do this. I actually need to do this. I am excited to see how being more positive will impact not only me, but my own family as well as others I come in contact with.

During this conference weekend, we continued our "tradition" of sharing a Saturday session with an amazing family, the Lowery's. Spending time with them is always a treat! We are so grateful for their friendship. This time they had us over for a fabulous brunch. We look forward to as many more conferences together as possible.

During the Sunday sessions I kept the girls busy with lot's of fun activities (and these activities too). And we all did some pampering for each other (combing hair & lotion hand/foot massages). I am grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, for the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and those that serve with him. I am especially grateful for the rich blessings of the Gospel and for our Savior, Jesus Christ!

No comments: